AGENCY: REDDAM HOUSE SCHOOLS AUSTRALIA (referred as “the School”)
Reddam House Schools Australia are part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited (also referred as “Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
The terms of this policy are based on the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs"), which recognises the right to information among other questions. Consequently, Reddam House provides information about how we are processing the personal information that you provide to us. Other applicable regulations on privacy questions are also considered.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal information.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legally authorised persons and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about Reddam House within the systems controlled by the School.
The personal information processed is mainly the following:
- Name, surname and contact details;
- ID documents;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Family details and siblings;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement);
- Education and employment information;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial and bank information;
- Educational centres previously attended;
- Other personal information that may be needed for a particular situation.
Other types of information we may collect and process, according to the School purposes, is related to other sensitive information, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special needs;
- Criminal records from our employees or linked to a third party when necessary;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
- Sexual preferences;
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddam House collects information directly from the individuals interested and in other cases, from the legal authorised person who act on their behalf, several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website, including information collected by our cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications;
- Through online tools such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our School;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites we record images;
- Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities that may be working with the School or the individuals providing a service;
- Surveys, polls or any other School’s questionnaires.
4. LAWFUL BASIS AND PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddam House processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the School's educational activity in the framework of individuals’ consent, but also based on a legal and contractual obligation, individuals’ vital interest when necessary and legitimate interest. The School collects and processes information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the student meets the School’s admission criteria;
- To provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- To provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- To provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and School transportation, among other necessary services;
- To meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- To enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of unforeseen situations, to inform parents about their child's educational progress or about the celebration of School events, etc.
- With the aim to celebrate School's achievements and to keep a record of the history of the School, Reddam House may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g. yearbooks, School website, etc, always based on written informed consent from individuals;
- To send commercial communications if previously requested and / or authorised by the individuals. These communications may include newsletters and advertisements sent by e-mail, social networks or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enable such communications. The individuals will be able to unsubscribe by clicking in the "unsubscribe" or sending a request to our Privacy Officer.
- To comply with the appropriate legislative or administrative requirements.
In the case of a CV received by our School by any means, we will process the information with the purpose of considering it in a recruitment process or to consider the application for future positions. Besides the professional information described, we will also check the working background with children and experience in teaching, qualifications and registrations. In this regarding, the School will process the information for:
- Conducting the selection process;
- Assessing the suitability of the candidate for the position;
- Administration of human resources records;
The personal information object of processing may only be communicated to third parties that may need it to provide a supportive selection process service for the School or when legally required. In this case, personal information will be processed under strict confidentiality and with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties, such as providers of services for our students, parents and / or employees, as permitted on statutory grounds, in addition to comply with contractual and legal obligations, to exercise a School’s legitimate purpose or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned. Reddam House School will only transfer tour information with other Reddam schools out of Australia under your informed written consent. We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of individuals’ personal data when disclosing them to a third party, always under restrictions on the use of personal data and obligations with respect to the protection of confidentiality and privacy as well as the security of the information.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
The parties to whom we may disclose personal information as above referred may be located in countries that offer the same level of data protection requirements. In the case we need to transfer your information to countries with a lower level of protection, we will require your consent and we will comply with the adequate legal safeguards. Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties under any concept.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time legally required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer time is required for reasons of public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer useful, required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous under the corresponding security measures.
8. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have rights regarding the processing of your personal information. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations. You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when your information is collected, about the processing of such information;
- Access the information we process, including your health information, except where the law allows the School to refuse your request. You don’t have a right under Australian privacy law to access other kinds of information, such as commercial information;
- Request the correction, when the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant and misleading;
- You also have the right to request the destruction or deletion of your personal information and
- Object to the processing of your personal information on reasonable grounds relating to your particular situation including for purposes of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications;
- Not to be subject, under certain circumstances, to a decision which is based solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information intended to provide a profile about you that may cause effects for you without your intervention;
You can request the exercise of your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to the Privacy Officer's email address at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School will collect your informed, specific, free and online, verbal or written consent as it is one of the lawful basis for collecting and processing your information considering that there are different consent processes that may be applied during the School year and for a specific purpose out of the necessary for the educational activity, e.g. photograph or commercial communications. In these cases, you also have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
10. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The School shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
The School will not collect and process information from minors. Where the child is below the legal age of consent, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility or legal authorisation to act on the child’s behalf.
If you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com or to the Australian Information Commissioner at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
14. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated on September 2022